Industrial Motor Supply, Inc. was formed in 1951 by Harry Nelson and Clarence Heimbaugh with the purpose of stocking and servicing industrial engines and parts. They began in Harrisburg on Market Street in a building about the size of a two car garage, with a brake and clutch relining machine and a small parts supply. The business grew rapidly over the next several years. Harry and Clarence were a near perfect complement to each other. Harry was a great salesman and a risk taker, while Clarence was a master at inventory and very financially responsible. Their dedication to quality products and quality work keyed their growth.
As the company continued to grow, they needed more space, and in 1954 moved into a portion of the building of our current location at 4200 Chambers Hill Road. They added machinery and staff necessary to machine virtually any industrial engine and continued to grow the parts supply business. As the business continued to flourish, we took over the entire building at 4200 Chambers Hill Road. In 1980, we moved our industrial parts supply business across the parking lot to its current site.
In 2000 the direction of the business was handed to Mike Nelson Jr. In 2001 we added the trade name IMSupplies to better describe the business operations and we began modernizing our office and inventory control. We joined the Doit Best Hardware Cooperative and added to our already expansive product offerings. See the link for Manufacturer's Index on the Home Page. Also in 2001 our hose replacement facility was added to the list of ParkerStores . In late 2001 we added a business unit dedicated to providing municipalities and contractors with the equipment needed to battle winter. In early 2002 Tom Cunkle joined the ownership of IMSupplies and we added to our already vast product offerings the ability to provide Municipal and Commercial truck equipment, primarily Snow and Ice Control products. We offer products from Monroe Snow and Ice Control, Thiele Industries, Western Snow Plows, Rexroth Hydraulics, Cirus Controls and many other high quality truck equipment product lines. See the Truck Samples link for more details. In 2003 we removed our machine shop and focused our shop production on Truck Equipment. Click here for Samples of Units Built .
In May of 2005 we added a location in Chambersburg that functions primarily as a ParkerStore and offers a wide range of the commodity products found in our Harrisburg Store as well as serves as a parts location for our growing Municipal Customers in the Chambersburg general area.
In April 2006, We were been assigned the Ingersoll Rand Industrial Compressor sales territory in the greater Harrisburg area and are an authorized dealer for IR portable up to 12 HP gasoline and stationery compressors up to 50 HP electric as well as accessories. Click here for our latest flyer.
June, 2008 saw the acquisition of Berweiler Fabricating, LLC, a metal fabrication company, in Eatontown, New Jersey. This move positioned our company to being better able to fabricate snow plow and truck body parts, as well as serve the customer base that was already present.
By setting up a branch in New Jersey, IMSupplies is also better set to accommodate the Municipal and Commercial market with Truck Equipment and Snow Removal Equipment. New vendors were also added to strengthen our company's position in those fields.
2008 saw other growth with IMSupplies, with the development of the Fire Apparatus Division. IMSupplies has been garnering great success with this new venture, as the local fire community has been experiencing the level of quality service IMSupplies is known for. From Sales to Service, IMSupplies is becoming the recognized leader in Central and Eastern Pennsylvania for this very specialized equipment. We have joined forces with several well-regarded fire vehicle manufacturers, and are bringing the best possible equipment and service to our local fire fighters, who in turn, help keep our communities safe.
The values of high quality products, superior service and the highest level of workmanship that made Industrial Motor Supply grow in the 1950's continue to add to our strength in 2009. Our customers include townships and municipalities, state maintenance garages, quarries, heavy-duty contractors, equipment repair facilities, local garages and industrial maintenance departments. We always look to solve new and different problems and to try to create opportunities to help our customers find what they need at a fair price and with the highest level of service available.